keskiviikko 20. heinäkuuta 2016

Day 0

Greetings!

This is a journal or a log book to write down thoughts and events after a big change in the course of my life. Maybe there will even be some reminiscing - who knows. I will leave it open.

I have been employed by Nokia during four decades and that comes to an end today. The initiative didn't come from me. Simply put - my job will be done by someone located in a cheap-labor country. Welcome to the modern world!

So, how does it feel? Initially, when the news was given to me by my boss, I was f****** disappointed and angry as hell. Now, I mostly feel relief - good riddens! I wish the company well on its chosen path (up s*** creek). Having said that, I wish to emphasize right here in the first post that I didn't create this blog to throw dirt on the company (though I may do so from time to time).

What's up today? I'm in the office for the last day. Taking some print-outs, having pizza for lunch in the canteen, shaking some hands for farewells and handing over the laptop and stuff. Then that's it.
I'll hop on my bike, rev it up a bit and then leave the area.

I'll have a beer in the evening for the good times I had here - yes, there were those, too.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti