torstai 21. heinäkuuta 2016

Day 1 - The Unemployment Begins

Woke up at 6:15 AM and drove my wife to work. At least someone still has a job. :)

This is my first day of unemployment - ever! I got out of the army in February 1986 and I have been employed ever since. Man, this is kinda weird! It's like a vacation, but it's not. I've got to establish a routine, to stay focused.

I need to find and apply for jobs; just found a couple and I'm adapting my cover letter and resume to those. This has to be more or less a daily task.

I need to study to enhance my competence tool box. I can do a shitload of stuff, but I don't have any certificates to show for it.

Also, gotta keep an eye on expenses. That should be a weekly follow-up. I created a nice Excel tool for that (yea, that's a part of my nokiaism).

I need to stay fit to maintain my drive. I'm not getting younger. Therefore, a minimum of 3-4 physical exercises per week are in order; at least 30 minutes each.

House maintenance/improvements are to be done. Such work pays off in the long run and there's always something to do in that area.

I must have time for FUN and hobbies. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Do stuff with the family, keep the hobbies, go out for a ride or fishing.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti